Sunday, March 2, 2014

Realizing the Hurdles

The power of accountability is unmatched when it comes to taking action. Here we are on day 2 of our 90 Day Goal Challenge. So far I have done the exercises I agreed to do and I'm working on my blog posting. I have work set up for the day and I'm fully ready to jump in. Now, if I could just get my brain and body to work with the part of my soul that is motivated to make it happen!

One thing that I'm realizing as we jump into this challenge is that I truly am the type of person that must have organization and a task list to accomplish the goal. While I love being free spirited and doing things on a whim, there is something to be said for list making. I am a 'list checker' and it is the only way I accomplish goals. This said, I'm going to develop a solid list today that I can check off regularly.

I have found that I am a very organized person, for everyone except me. I was a paralegal for many years; a job requiring organization. I have a few factors that I need to deal with in this challenge, that are only things that need to be considered, but should not be factors that stop me at all. I have adult ADD, which contributes to the many ways that I derail my own success. I know this, and I simply have to use this to my advantage when working toward my goals. I know there are positives in having ADD and I just have to utilize these creative abilities and insane need to multi-task to my advantage.

My weight, exhaustion, aches and pains and many other symptoms that make reaching my goals problematic, develop from thyroid disease. This is not a new issue to deal with, it just seems to have evolved into a bigger hill for me than in younger years. Education seems to be the best way for me to climb this mountain successfully. I will continue to learn and evolve to deal with the issues at hand.

There are a large number of hurdles related to my financial situation and I have to take them on one at a time. This begins with taking control of my work and creating a financial security for my family that will keep me from making the same mistakes that got us here.

All in all, there is a great deal to do, even in the 90 days ahead. One day at a time and a well developed plan, are the only way to get from point A to point B here. On with day 2 of this journey. I wonder how my partner in this challenge, Jennifer Uhl of Change My Stars, is doing so far today.

No comments: