Saturday, March 1, 2014

Parenting Perspective

While we all love my children more than words can express, there are times when you simply have to take a step back and think about yourself for a little while. I recently went on my second date in 6 years with my husband. It was a good way to connect and to remember what we are all about. As parents who love their children and want to do the best we can for them at all times, it is easy to forget our own personality and take on the strict role of being a parent. I no longer have things that I "do in my spare time for fun." I don't seem to remember what it is that I love to do just because I want to do it. I think that this can add to the fuel of stress that is in everyday life as a parent.

So readers, this is my advice to every parent out there, whether you are a single parent, the parent of one or a parent of six children who you love dearly. Take a break. Find yourself and your partner. You will not only be doing yourself a favor, but you will also be bringing something to the table of parenthood that you might have left behind; passion. If you work for yourself and work from home, this is ten times as important. Love them enough to get some distance.

No comments: